Friday, March 13, 2009

Long time no blog..........

Well Christmas has been and gone, New Years was a blur and here we are in March and I am finally blogging!!!!! Dec/Jan/Feb went so fast for a variety of reasons so to stop you all being bored rigid will via a short list below update you all on the last 3 months!!



- Christmas was awesome, both sides of the family at ours for the big day, kids LOVED the trampoline they got!!!



- New Years was spent in Clyde where we went camping for the first time - in a tent!! Now those of you who know me well, would have had the same concerns I did about my ability to actually camp in a tent, on a non-powered site no less.......................... for 8 days!!!! Well I did it and had a fab time - the weather was a little patchy which is very unusual for Central Otago at that time of the year but we had a great time anyway!!!!



- Now for some sad news! My Grandad who is a fantastic man had a very serious stroke two days after we got home from camping! To say the first week was touch and go is a serious understatment and we all did truly think we were going to lose this wonderful man from our family BUT in true Grandad Ian style I am very very happy to report he is now in the rehab unit, has made friends there and is hoping to be home in the next 4-6 weeks. The only downside is that he won't be able to return to his wee house in the retirement village where he has been living and will have to live in the actual home itself, but he will be able to walk with the help o a frame initially and will have most of his independance - I'll take that over him not being here anyday!!!



- I joined the gym and got a personal trainer!!! I have finally decided that it is time to remove the evidence of three pregnancies and am pleased to report that since the end of January I have lost over 4kgs - which isn't that much 'numbers' wise but as my trainer (who seriously knows her stuff and has just given me so much information and insight in this whole process) its not the numbers - its body fat and measurments that count ! And I have lost a considerable amount of both - don't get me wrong I don't want to to be skinny - but I do want to be lean and strong! So every morning when my alarm goes off at 5.40am to be at the gym by 6am to workout and I might not feel like going - I just remember what I am trying to achieve!!! I had about 15kgs I wanted to lose and so I have about 11kgs to go! I have developed saggy baggy crutch syndrome with my pants so may have to look at investing in some new ones soon!! It's amazing how losing 'inches' make your clothes fit differently - very empowering!!!



- Millie is back at school and Paige is at morning kindy for 5 mornings a week and has been for a while, I am starting to struggle with the fact that she will be off to school in November!! I mean how the heck can she be 5 and Millie will be 8 in December!!! That will leave Max at home all day with Mum and I am already starting to worry how he will cope without Paige at home in the afternoons !!!


A MASSIVE thank you to my super talented friend Megan Renfree who dollied up the blog for me also - when it comes to computers she is a whizz!

Well a short post but hope to make them more regular as I have kind of had a light bulb moment that my blog can be used to record stuff, moments, memories, photos etc! It always used to be about scrapbooking and the business, but maybe it can be more about the McKenzies!!!

6 comments:

Alison said...

Love the new look for your blog. Sorry to hear bout your grandad, but great that hes on the mend.

Good on you for going camping, i would lvoe to do that with my boys but me and the dark and the outdoors jsut dont mix(maybe i should stop watching horror movies)

Isnt it amazing how fast kids grow, I cant believe I will have a 9year old at the end of this year and my baby has not long turned 6yrs old, very scary they dont stay small for very long at all, blink of an eye and they are all grown up.

Trace said...

LOL Meg, yep, couldn't really picture you camping chick. Bet the tent was one of the flash modern ones though ROFLMAO! Glad to hear that your Grandad is on the up and up - I bet he really enjoys the company he'll get in the home part of the village and such peace of mind for you guys as family. Now keep on blogging - I've missed reading what the McKenzie's are up to (but love the jokes I get LOL! - thanks!)

Anonymous said...

welcome back to bloggy land....love the new look too.... sorry also to hear about your grandad.. glad he is on the mend... as for the children getting older.... does it go faster each year??? sure feels like it!!!

Anonymous said...

Great to see you blogging again, Meg! Had been thinking the other day that I hadn't heard from you in awhile, so it's great to hear what you've been up to. Sounds like you made the most of summer, good on you for giving camping a go! I love it!
Sorry to hear about your Grandad's stroke, but it's wonderful that he is recovering and doing well.
Congrats on the weight loss, too! I know how hard it is, and I also know about the "baggy clothes" problem ... it's hard when you're only partway there and your clothes don't fit, you don't want to spend heaps on new ones that will only fit for a short time, but you want to look decent! Such a dilemma, LOL!

Mrs Frizz said...

Tis more than a wee bit flash around here buddy ... woo hoo - go you.

A new blog, a new leaner looking Meg ... flash!!!

Anonymous said...

Well good to read ya update. Sorry to hear about your grandad but it was good to read he is on the mend.
Hey go you on the weight loss I will not recognise you at Scrap camp. Go you on the camping....I am very impressed. My idea of roughing it is still a motel with no sky TV lol.