Thursday, April 30, 2009

Favourite childhood character...........



We have been invited to a party where you have to go dressed as your favourite childhood character...... I must admit I really had to sit down and think about this one as I couldn't honestly say right off what my favourite was. Barbie, Fleur, My Little Pony all featured among numerous others or 'phase' while I was growing up!! I was never really loyal to any particular one to be honest, even now kids are constantly inundated with the latest toys all the time, and that is one thing that hasn't changed from when I was a kid!!


So after talking with my hubby and talking to Mum (who told me that I used to love the muppets but could only manage 'mummets' lol!!) I remembered that there was a toy I did LOVE for a while and it was STRAWBERRY SHORTCAKE!!!!! Gosh I used to love the smell of her and Blueberry her wee friend I also had, Mum said I was pretty possessive of both of them as well!!!! I googled Strawberry Shortcake dressup and found the site Wear it Out which has some pretty amazing costumes - apparently they are really busy with the Wellington 7's when they are on each year!!!! And here's the outfit.............. Unfortunately I don't look like the model lol but the lady assured me that the dress with a petticoat underneath will not be that short!! Anyway I can always pull the stockings up!!!


Aaron didn't take 5 minutes to decide at all, his heroes from when he was a small lad has never changed, the fact that the costume was so simple to wear also helped I think!

I can't wait for the photos from the party as I think this is a definite layout for my Book of Me!!! Feel free to leave a comment with who your favourite childhood character!!!

7 comments:

Unknown said...

I have to say that Strawberry Shortcake along with Cinderella would be my favourites....you will look great in that outfit...Looking forward to seeing the photos! My goodness it would truely be a hilarious event if I tried one of those costumes on...thanks for sharing the website as well....sorry to hear about your grandpa....life truely is a gift! I hope that you can find comfort at the moment!

Unknown said...

Whoops that comment is from Allanah in case you were wondering who counter is...mmm....not sure how that happened.

Trace said...

Oh you would rock it as Barbie chick! Bet your DH will like the strawberry shortcake outfit though lol! I was a Barbie girl, but I did have the strawberry shortcake dolls too...oh the memories...

Mrs Frizz said...

OMFG, I would pay to see you wearing that outfit. Go you!!!

Don't chicken out!!!

Vicki said...

What fun - I think we would all like to see the photo of you in that outfit. I loved Holly Hobbie but also had memories of Tuppence and Cindy dolls.

KiwiMich said...

I like Strawbeery Shortcake too - I still have my wee doll and the Tulip one as well! So funny comparing against the new Strawberry Shortcake that Emma got for her birthday last year - very different!

Lynda said...

Go for it Meg, very cute!!Have fun at the party.