Sunday, March 21, 2010

Birthdays and Treasures

Firstly and most importantly - a very happy birthday to this awesome lady who has in recent times developed a special interest in all things tea!!! Word has it that she had her inaugural 'high tea' today - Janine, a very happy birthday from the McKenzies and I hope one day soon we can sit down over a cuppa!!! So in your honour a very scrummy (and extremely bad for the figure) piece of homemade brownie and cup of green tea was consumed this evening - damn good too both were as well!!

Now treasures...... as anyone who even knows me a little is well aware I love shopping!! It's the guaranteed feel good action for me - and although I do have certains things that I love to shop for (black cardigan and super cute ballet flats of the briarwood variety!!) I am not fussy really about what I shop for!! So when two good friends of mine informed me that this gorgeous wee shop which is tucked away on a side road to Winton was having a big sale, it seemed rude not to go and investigate!!!

For anyone who has been to the Hideway 201 you will know that Jo has created a virtual wonderland for weddings (we have attended many weddings there and the place is just magical with its lavender vista walkway, landscaped gardens that go on and on and on!!!).


And tucked away in the gardens is this little treasure trove.............
Even the outside is cute - and its full of goodies of the homewares kind, beautiful things that make me want to redecorate the whole house - mind you considering we have only been in our new house 7 months, can't really see hubby going for it - still a girl can dream!!! And I did 'shop' a gorgeous set of wine glasses with beautifull ornate stems came home with me !!!

5 comments:

Hannah said...

Lovely to see you blogging again, Meg! That shop sounds wonderful and looking at that picture makes me want to visit, it seems like a very pretty and relaxing spot. Treasures to be found inside - what a bonus!

Mrs Frizz said...

Haven't been there for a visit ... which could be a good thing ...

Janine said...

Thanks Miss Meg. I had green tea too and we had brownies yesterday as well. Glad you enjoyed yours and I will have to put Hideaway 201 on my must see when I come down.

Megan R said...

Hey great to see you blogging again!! Have you checked out this blog: www.megansretreat.blogspot.com I think you should come up for it!!! Far too long between drinks!!

Costume Shop NZ said...

Hello Meg -whilst browsing the inter webs its funny who's blogs you can find! And yes I am looking for links to my new Costume Shop I've recently launched.
Cheers...Grant